MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, July 6, 2015

YEP! It's TIME! Time to Continue


Yes. Even me….I am not sure what exactly to say. I am thankful that Heavenly Father allows me to know that you are still doing good. I think that, I don't even know what to think. That is great to hear that you were able to be together and go up to the lake for a fun time. I hope that no one got burned on the fourth from all of those big booms! haha

Hmm, well here on this end, it has actually been a week of some struggles...but we also saw some nice success. There are not too many things that were actually able to take place because of some few days of disturbance in our schedule. We had to do some exchanges, so there was a lot of traveling, and not so much time to proselyte. But during all of this week, I have had a lot of time to ponder simply on some basic questions of life, and also try to understand Gods great plan for me within my own life at this time.  I am not really for sure what the Lord has in store for the rest of my time here in this area, or in Kenya, but i do hope and pray, that as the work continues, we can together continually try to help something to happen that really pleases our Father in Heaven. I love this area with all of my heart, and I do want to help it to continually progress, but I know that I cannot do it on my own. That is why I continually seek after inspiration and revelation from God to let me know what to do next. Sometimes it is just like stepping into the dark, and I have sincere faith that as we act upon the promptings that our Father in Heaven allows us to receive, that we will be able to help others in the most prominent way. Just look at Nephi. Look at what great success came to him and his family as he chose to take his own step of faith in God.(1 Nephi 4: all; Emphasis on Verse Six). I have really been back in to studying my scriptures this past week, and I have found so many things that just connect me to the struggles that we may be facing, or the many hard earned blessings that we have received and yet will receive as we continue to be more diligent. I DO feel to help others understand the facts and truths of the Gospel as deeply imbedded as I know them, because of the blessings of Joy, peace, love, and help that I have received from them. They HAVE blessed my life more than anything in this world has, and I know that I can continue to receive those blessings as I am faithful unto the end. I know that one thing that I have been able to continue to discover is that true essence of Humility in my own life. I know that it can be brought to pass continually with a lot of patience carried in my own countenance, and also a lot of pure and close to perfect love. I am not perfect, but I know that GOD is, and that He will continually bless me with the knowledge to achieve the goals necessary for great success. I know that He has given us a lot to work with, and I pray that we can work together more fully to accomplish what is in store, as we receive the Lords hands of help here within.  

WELL, I think that's it, but, I love you Family, and hope and pray for the best of your days this week, and I hope that something that I have written has made sense today. I wish to continue encouraging you to always do missionary work, and the Lord will bless. Thanks for doing your best! 

Love:
Elder Andreasen


1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Andreasen!
    We were so impressed with your Nairobi Mission blog! My husband and I are returned missionaries going to Kenya and Uganda for a non church affiliated medical service mission from May 29 – June 19, 2016 and we would love your advice on where to go and experience!
    We would love to hear from you either by email or phone! 208954-2413.
    Sincerely,
    Jaclyn Thatcher

    ReplyDelete