MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, February 9, 2015

7 Kilometer Transfer

Hello Mom, Dad, Skyler, and really any one else who reads these. It was very nice to hear from you again, and see how life is being thrown in your direction. That is not good that you STILL are sick! What is up with that? Pole sana. But just know that I am thinking about you, and still praying that you get better. I love you very much and just want the best for you, as well, I know the Lord does also. He shows His love for us in so many ways, and even when maybe we don't understand why He is doing what He does, it always ends up to benefit us in the end. I have gained more of a testimony of this great principle this past week.

I will just tell you that YES i was transferred, but some funny things happened. I was transferred with the same companion about 7 kilometers away, to the next town called Makutano. It has not had missionaries for about a transfer, so we are whitewashing the area, and are ready for the work to be done. I am still in Chyulu! haha! The area that we just left is back to only 2 missionaries. I think it might be due to the fact that yet again we are losing missionaries, and are coming up short on the count. But I have faith that the two elders that are there will make great progress. They are both Kenyans and one of them came with me to Chyulu, the other one, elder Bakubamutwe and I trained. SO, that is the extreme news for the happenings of this week. Some more info just on our area. We have bikes, but it is not as harsh of a ride as Nthengoni was. Not really so many rocks around! We are taking care of Three branches. Two of them meet in the same building, and it is across from where we stay. The flat is big, it has 4 showers, and toilets, and pretty much a room for everything! The climate is still HOT but is should start raining some small small here shortly.

I am excited. I was here last February as well, so it is just like déjà vu. The members are amazing, and the branch is the best there is in Chyulu, so, I know that there will be nice progress coming soon. The mission is now, as of today, going to read through the entire Book of Mormon before the end of next transfer, and I am super excited to re-start re-reading it again. I love that book SERIOUSLY. I also have just started reading another book called "The Miracle of Forgiveness". I have been told that it can even help us gain a testimony more about repentance in general and be able to share that with those that we teach. It is powerful, and is now another one of my favorite books I have ever read. There it is! I think that is what I will leave with you this week, but I just love you much and hope for your wellbeing. I admire your courage and your strength in the gospel through these last days. I know it is not easy, but is very possible and Lord can always make it simple. Enjoy the rest of your week, and don't forget to smile big.

Much love from:
Elder Andreasen


No comments:

Post a Comment