MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, November 4, 2013

TRANSFERRED????

Well HI you guys! SO, I guess I should PROBABLY start out by telling you where I am! I am still in the same place. HA. Nothing to big happened in transfers but I am excited because I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be! Holy smokes, snow on the ground! That’s got to be fun! Yesterday it actually got a little cold here…it was weird. It seemed like it was a fall day back home; the wind was blowing and it was a bit chilly. I think I am getting kind of weak to the cold though...LAME! Man, it sure gets dusty here. The wind starts blowing and it all just kicks up! OH, so I got my haircut! Um...it came out to be…well, messed up! I just really couldn't stop laughing at myself though…I looked ridiculous. It’s grown back in now though like a weeks worth or so and so it’s not so hilarious.

This past week we have actually been blessed with people that we have found. It has been good because we are working on refilling our investigator pool and we have had some success. Actually, we met this guy that lives in the compound next to ours. We haven't taught him or anything but we talked to him on the street for like fifteen minuets! He is hilarious! He actually works as a medical personnel at the fire station. Hopefully we will see something there. We just have been working with the same people also and just found others.  We actually got to go to a family on Saturday though that I was so SO happy to be able to see. So their circumstances are complicated. The husband is a member and works like five hours away from their home and the mom and the five children are not members. The all around thing is, they live about an hour and a half away from us by car. Because they don't have a car or that form of transportation to get to church every week and such, they aren't able to be baptized! The children actually really want to get baptized but the mom is still feeling for herself that it is true and that it would be something that she could let her family be apart of also. They really are so AMAZING though and Brother Wycliffe (the dad) has been so great in helping them to realize the truths of the restored gospel. Since he is not always around though, it is hard for them to get their questions answered and such. SO, we have made plans to visit this family every month and we can have the father come and we meet and answer questions and discuss this amazing gospel. I really truly am so grateful that I grew up in a place where I could go pretty much anywhere around and would be able to walk to church if I wanted! I keep praying for them and hope that all turns out well.

MAN! I really didn't even do much for Halloween! I did eat good! That’s about  it though. I really honestly wonder myself what other holidays they do celebrate…Hmmm? I will have to look into that. I do know that they did just celebrate their independence day but it really didn't seem like that big of a deal here. I hope your Halloween was fantastic! I Love you VERY very much and hope the best to you this next week. You are in my heart and in my prayers...and on my mind (DON'T BE STUPID!) HAHA! Keep Healthy! It’s the time of getting sick and I know that I'm not around to make you sick but it still happens. Now "I" can say be healthy! Be Happy and strong and remember…you’re AWESOME!

Much love from:
ELDER ANREASEN

SMILE BIG!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment