MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, September 22, 2014

On the Iron Horses AGAIN! September 8, 2014

Hi family! So sorry about the delay, it has been quite the struggle with the internet today, and we were just busy busy. WE rode our bikes SO FAR today. It was really super nice though, because the other elders that are staying with us, let us use their mountain bikes. They have mountain bikes, and we have old break down iron horses. But, we had to go and get some things in a far off place, but it was an adventure as is always.

This area is really truly great. SO many amazing things are coming up to be, and for now, we are just working our hearts out. It is super nice, because the branches have really started helping us, and we have taken the initiative to really make sure things get done around these parts. We are pretty much mainly here to find less-actives and bring them back to the fold. I think that I have said that before, but there are SO MANY! It is going to be awesome when we leave this area, and the whole chapel in both branches are full passed capacity...and then a stake it will be, and then more stakes throughout Kenya...and then A TEMPLE!...in a while. It makes me SO excited to think about the day when I hear that a temple is being built here, and I really want to work to make that come quicker. There are just so many blessings that come from that beautiful place, and I want everybody to know that. That is one of the things that we have really been focusing on teaching and sharing with people, is about families, and family history, and the temple, and eternity. That’s one thing to help them make a goal of and help them to take action to achieve.

I am glad that I have the chance to serve in the Kenya, Nairobi Mission. It really has given me a greater view of life, and a greater sense of love, and obedience. I know that as we are obedient to the commandments of the Lord, His spirit will always be able to reside with us, and carry us up until the end. It is different than any other mission that I have heard about, and I am grateful to be here. I see myself becoming the man that I need to be in the future. I love the gospel, and would not give anything for the knowledge that I have. That is just what carries me through these day to day efforts and activities. It is not always easy, but the Lord can make it simple. I love you tons, and hope you strive to bring others unto the gospel this coming week. I love to hear about those experiences!

Love Elder Andreasen


P.s. HEy by the way. THey seriously have SUCH a hard time with my name...SO HARD. I am now known as elder andy, elder andrea, elder andrew, elder A, elder, and even elda alsdkjfa;slkdf j....try saying that one. hahaha The language barrier is hard, but it is getting easier, and I have figured out how to talk so that they understand me, which is great, but I love it when they try to say the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment