MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, April 28, 2014

What A Great Week!!

Hey you guys! WOW! What a powerful week it has seriously been. We actually ended the week yesterday with a baptism, and I just am excited in this work! We have been really still working hard as always, and we have been finding people, and just helping them see that there is more to life, and that God loves us and has a plan for each and every one of us. It has been amazing how the spirit has really helped in this work, and how much it really helps us to just become better, because it is the one thing that lets us know what our Heavenly Father wants us to know. 

MAN, you guys are leaving this week, that is SO crazy and I wish the best for you. I hope all is going well with the move and I hope that you guys travel safely and are just excited for the blessings that are coming ahead on this awesome path that you are taking. I just love ya!

So like this week in the working side for us, it has been powerful to see some of our investigators progressing. We are really excited for next Sunday also, because we are planning on having another baptism and a confirmation. We have met more investigators and are teaching them. We are trying to encourage some of our other friends who are not progressing as much, and we are just still trying to meet them and determine how we can help them, only with the help of the Lord is this possible. Something I have noticed is that you just simply CANNOT have power in teaching or in the work without inviting the spirit to be with us in all that we do, and just having unity and trust in our companionship as we pray together to look to the Lord in all we do and just have joy. I have seen that the best way to go about my day is to simply always be pondering on the words of life, and just keep that great perspective of what the Lord would want me to be saying, how He would want me to be acting, and thinking. THINK POSITIVE! I sometimes see that I myself take things too hard on myself, and that is where things just turn to anger and negative thinking. But as I think of positive, inspirational, uplifting, and encouraging thoughts, the smile never leaves my face. 

Wow, so this week, we met this guy that is seriously so Super powerful, and wants to see everything that we teach. The thing is, he has this concern...this HUGE concern. It has to do with prophets. He has really been searching about prophets and he has been following this guy who is around as a "false prophet" who is working miracles. Let me tell you that this one thing has gotten me to seriously study hard about these things, and what makes our prophet so special. The priesthood is a huge part of this, I am looking for ways to better explain. It is odd, because this certain 'prophet' Owuor goes around having crusades and will work "miracles" and people have followed him, and this guy followed him, and says they are legit healing miracles. We are trying to explain that each child of God is given different gifts and talents, but anyhow, it is one lesson that the spirit was SO strong, and it is awesome because I just felt connected with the spirit and thoughts just kept popping in my head so I knew what to say. I am just hoping to find an answer that can answer him, because if he gets baptized, he will be SO amazing in the church, and just be a powerful teacher. Anyhow, that is one thing that we face as missionaries and I LOVE these challenges we are given. So, I think that’s about it for now, but I just love you SO SO much and just hope and wish the best of this next week for you guys! Keep SMILING! 

Love:
Elder Andreasen
Ya!


P.s. We have monkeys that live around the church...COOOL! I will make sure to take pics for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment