MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, May 5, 2014

Another Great Week in Africa

Wow wow! That is so awesome you guys! Sounds kind of hard...but new adventures are the best. You went from spring back to winter! Hopefully it comes to be warm soon. Way to work those muscles Dad and Skyler, hope you didn't have to pack too much!... sorry I couldn't help, I was a little busy...hahaha Oh by the way.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLER! HOLY CATS! I think you are like 22 now right? ha, man it’s like you’re getting older or something. STOP IT!  Aw you guys! I JUST love ya!

So this week for us, it has been QUITE a challenge. I can tell you that we met a LOT of new people, and have just been working to share the gospel with the world. Our baptism didn't happen, and he is going out of town for the next 2-3 weeks... but I know that he is strong enough that he shouldn't have any problems getting baptized when he gets back. We have met a young woman named Mercyline. She had been visited by missionaries before, but she is really awesome. We have met with her twice, but from both times, we were able to share with her about the plan of salvation and how it plays a part in our lives...how it is our lives? ya. SO the thing is, she just lost her brother about a month ago, and we have been trying to meet with her for about a month...and the spirit was like a punch in the face when we were sharing with her!!! It was SO strong and tears came to her eyes when we shared about this plan. Powerful moment in my life. We met with Benard (prophet guy) and that was again so SUPER powerful. It was actually funny, because he made us watch some clips of this guy, and it was kind of awkward, but after we had such a powerful lesson! I really know that the spirit overcame me and let me know what to say and how to say it. I testified so strongly of the priesthood, and how it has always been in the Bible, and how God is the same yesterday, today and forever, and it all came at once. He says he really likes us, because we don't just immediately tell him that he is wrong, but that we chat about different points and agree on things. SO exited for this guy!...this friend.

MAN! I had a dream last night that I was getting transferred from this amazing place, and I was freaking out! haha! I love these people, and don't want to leave them, so hopefully that doesn't happen too soon. Yesterday, we were working with the branch, and we seriously talked about EVERY thing that needed to be talked about. I definitely can tell that they are serious about it this time, and I’m excited to see the progress that comes from all of this! We have some great ways that we are going use to bring some less-actives back. But it is just a sweet place, and well, I am loving it. That’s it for now this week I think. Thanks my lucky family!

Love,
Elder Andreasen

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment