MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, March 30, 2015

(3/24/2015) Holy SMACK it's cold here!!

HI family. How great is it of a day? I hope that you are still doing great and that you are healthy, happy, and still smiling! It is good to hear that you are just staying busy. Happy to hear that Dad will be able to get his extra fishing in this next season! That brings some of that relaxing joy to life. 

Well, here, it is busy! We are just working hard, and are trying to visit and encourage all of our investigators. We are contacting like crazy, and we are having lessons like crazy, so it is just CRAZY. I love it! It is nice to come to know these wonderful members even better here in Sosiani, and it is good to see old friends. What amazing time we even get to spend with all of our new and present investigators. Building their faith in our Savior Jesus Christ, and helping them to realize the truth about all of this is one of the best things to do in this world. We are going to be meeting someone today, who I have been present once while teaching. He is one of my favorite investigators, and am SO excited to be seeing him again today. He has this sincere desire to learn the gospel, and even takes hours on his own to study the bible, and the messages that we give him. He is even digging into the Book of Mormon like there is gold. We are even sharing with a sister that works in the town. Her name is Doreen and she is powerful. We are still sharing with her the restoration of the Gospel, and she is SUPER interested. She even underlined and made notes in the pamphlet! I love these people, and am glad to share with them what i know is true. Awesome!

Ok, so yesterday I would have written you, but we had a member take us up to a place called Iten. It is also know as the Home of Champions. Runners from all around the world come to do high altitude training there, just 30 min. drive away from where we are staying. We were going to look at this amazing place there called the Kerio View Point, Which is a beautiful site in the rift valley. While we were there, we decided to go and take some soda and relax for a few. We walked through the door, and were about to take our seats when, a mazungu, white guy walked up and caught our attention. He said, "Hello, I didn't know that missionaries are here in Kenya". Crazy as it seems this mans name is Tobias. He is a Mormon too. He is a doctor/runner that is apart of the German Running Team. It was such a coincidence! Anyhow, we took pics and e-mails, and now I have a friend from Germany. There are SO many runners there, but out of all of them, I would have never expected to find someone from The Church of Jesus Christ of  Latter-Day Saints. But alright, I hope that something here has inspired you in some way, and just hope that you know that I love you tons! If you don't remember, I will just say I LOVE  you VERY much. Great Week, and keep SMILING!

Elder Andreasen


P.S. Grandma Davis…So sorry I’m late with your birthday greeting! I hope it was most spectacular, and I LOVE you so much and looking forward to seeing you…we will eat cake and celebrate. Stay healthy and smile BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment