MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, March 30, 2015

3/9/2015

HELLO FAMILY. It is sO good to hear that you have traveled and are enjoying your time on this earth. Thanks for just being great! I love you. It is super cool that you get to go back to Skyler’s mission and take a look around. What a blessing! That sounds like SO much fun that you get the chance to go and see all of the history sites and value even more that great and amazing country. It is good to keep busy, and see the blessings of God in our own lives. Its great!

Well, this week, just here on my end, we have just been busy doing some of those same things. We have been working with and strengthening the member here in the area, and are finding that our relationships are growing together. WE are sO excited to be seeing this area keep progressing. It is not easy still, but it is simple. And as we teach those great members to just keep the commandments and endure to the end, their testimonies are continuously strengthened and fortified. They then feel to give us referrals, which is always a blessing to missionary work.

This week, we met specifically with a Man and his wife. Brother Banard is a less-active in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. They were very active about a month or so ago, and then we are told that they just stopped coming. It was amazing to go, and find how we could help them. We had one of the most spiritually uplifting lessons that I will ever remember on this mission. I felt such an abounding love specifically for this man, as he related to us his state, and acknowledged that he was missing something in his life. They are together, going to strive to come back to church. I know that God was there with us, as we were trying to help them to overcome their spiritual ills, and he will be there for them always, as they strive to do, be, and eventually become what He asks.

As of late, I am still trying to get better at learning my scriptures, and applying them to the work. I am reading in the Book of Mormon, and I found that the book of Proverbs is now my new favorite book in the Old Testament. And, don’t you love that we are all learning about the New Testament in Sunday school? I love it Kabisa! Our faith is gained as we continue to hope, as it states in Moroni 7, and I love that there will always be hope. Something that we should never forget. I love you, and yet again do wish unto you a better week, filled with the experiences of the spirit, and things of God. I bear my own witness that this work is divine and changes lives, I know it to be true, and continue seeing it everyday.

Elder Andreasen


No comments:

Post a Comment