MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, May 4, 2015

WOW...Just Wow

Hello My dear family. It is so good to hear that you are still living and breathing and spreading the gospel, and continuing life. I want to apologize yet again for the absence of my email. I had a lot that was happening and going on around me. Something big happened. I was transferred. It was one of the saddest days that I have had on this mission. I even had tears come into my eyes. You see, it happened on Monday. We, me and elder Baku, were with the family of sister Sarah to go and see some sites. I love her family, and we had such a good time. Then, on the way back, we got the call. We were to pack, and would be picked the next morning. We were startled, and even were scared, because we were supposed to baptize the daughters of sister Sarah the next day! Well, we got it all worked out, and we were able to baptize them that next morning and postpone leaving for one day. 

So, after all of that, and not much sleep, and things going awkward, we finally got on a bus to Nairobi for 8 hours. Then, we slept, and awoke, and I came here, to a place in Nairobi outskirts called Athi River. My new companions name is Elder Makazi. We already know each other pretty well, because we were in Chyulu in the same flat for six months. The day that we arrived we had to really organize and clean the entire flat, because it is a new flat for the Athi River missionaries, and everything was everywhere from the move. Spent SO much time cleaning and organizing. The funny thing is, it is new to the Athi River missionaries, but it really is an ancient place. So, we are doing our best to make it seem more new. =D Finally, Thursday was the first day to proselyte, and it didn't seem like there was time to email you guys, so I just decided to wait. That is the adventure that I have been having, and kind of a whole mix of emotions. I really am going to miss the people of that last area, but the Lord has been acknowledging in my heart that I will be the best here in this wonderful place as well. I do love this place already though. We are serving in one ward, and a branch that is a break off of that ward. AND holy cow, it was like I was in a different land yesterday, as I attended the Athi River ward services. It was plenteous in spirit and love. THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! I love that they love each other. That is one of the best things that could ever happen. Now that means that because there is so much love, the home teaching is 76% and working forward. The members are fulfilling their calling, they are enthusiastic to help! I LOVE them so much already. Am so excited to be with them, and serve them, and just help them come unto and build their faith in Jesus Christ.

I just love you. I hope that things continue to move well. I love this gospel, and have such a strong abiding testimony of the teachings of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that He cares. He is true love. HE is devotion. That is why I have so much faith in Him. I pray to my Heavenly Father at every chance I get, and I know that He is blessing my life. You are always apart of so many of my prayers. I desire all of our salvation together. I hope the best of the week to you, and an extra love and comfort from God. Enjoy!

Elder Andreasen


P.s. I really wish that I could tell you about what was going to happen on this Mothers Day call. I had things all set up in that last place I was, and so now I have to even try to figure out what I am going to do. I hope that I can Skype, that is what I would wish. I might let you know later, but for now, I can just look forward to that day. Thanks so much, and love you, and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment