MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Monday, December 2, 2013

Start Singing Those Christmas Songs!

WOW! I can't stop smiling right now! IT HURTS! You all just make me want to burst!...In a good way of course. Congrats to you for another Thanksgiving down! It sounds like it was nice. Except, where were all the kids??? They make it fun right!?! I really just love kids, they can teach us SO much and they are just fun! Here in this nice Eldoret, there wasn't really any Thanksgiving. Actually, it is pretty sad. I didn't even know that it was Thanksgiving until Sister Anderson reminded me half way through the day!!! They had their Thanksgiving a week early, so no chance there. So it really was just another day. Got to do service that day though. Anyhow, I am excited for the NEXT holiday. It is officially December, so start singing those Christmas songs! I have! Wow though, I can't believe it's already December. Transfers are coming up! They are actually next week! I am kind of antsy to know what’s coming up. You never know what is going to happen. President Hicken is really random it seems. He moves people around but also keeps if it’s right. I really do love the people here where I am serving but I would like to see somewhere else and meet some new people. I love meeting people!

This Saturday, we got to have an Open House for one of the Branches in our district. Got to meet a lot of people there and it was just such a great experience. I had a lot of fun that day. We got to have the chance to invite people to come and see how the building looks and help them understand a little bit about what we believe. It was awesome because at one point, we got to stand on the side of the dusty road and talk to people that were passing by. We would let them know what was going on and convince some of them to give a few minutes of time out of there day to come and take a look for themselves. That was one of the highlights of the week. We also got to go on exchanges this week and that was fun! I got to go with an awesome elder, his name is Elder Schneider. He is actually from Idaho. He is probably the best missionary I have ever met. He used to be an AP but now he is in our district. It is funny though, we just did exchanges in Huruma, our area. All four of us. Haha! We had done the exchange and were in the different areas when we got a call that...I still had the key to our flat. So we went back to Huruma and it was late and just stayed. But wwoowee, I have learned a LOT about being an even better missionary and giving my all to the Lord.

You know what is great, this past week I have had this huge desire to just simply feast on my scriptures. Something that I am working on is getting to know the scriptures a lot better and I have seen the Lord answer my prayers a little more in that regard. They are now one of my best friends and I love to keep studying them. Oh, you asked about my companion. So Elder Ndwandwe is from South Africa! Sorry if I didn't tell you that before. He is a Zulu and is from Johannesburg. He has been a member since he was about 16 I think it was. He is the youngest and I can't really remember how many are in his family. I think it was around 5 or 6. He is a pretty funny elder. He has three months left and is anticipating THE day. Not much else really to say.

Well, I think that’s it for now. I Love you all VERY much and hope all keeps well!

Much love from:

Elder Andreasen

No comments:

Post a Comment