MISSION


KENYA NAIROBI AFRICA MISSION

Sunday, September 22, 2013

August 1, 2013


Hey you guys! I LOVE AFRICA! holy cow, I don't even know where to start. I have been writing in my journal, and so I am kinda lookin at that too. :)


So the day I got hear, I got a companion, and his name is Elder Motau. He is so humble, and we have taught each other so much. it was funny at first, because we couldn't really understand each other as well as we wanted, but got over that pretty fast. He is from south africa, down by the temple. Except he is going to Zimbabwe. I am learning so much in this small MTC. Did I mention that there are only 28 people in the MTC right now, I kinda believe it is a choice mission, but I might be a little bias. haha but I love the work so much! They are putting so much knowledge into our heads, and I love to be a vessel for the Lord. We are put into districts, and there are 8 people in our district. What amazing men theses elders are. We work so hard together, and have so much fun, it is amazing! I can't believe how blessed I have been in the last week and a half, and how I have been able to bless others lives. That is my main goal, is to think about others before myself, to serve them, and love them as the Lord our Savior would. I am so excited, because we are teaching fake investigators, and I feel so accomplished. we have the best teachers, who themselves were awesome in the field, and knew what it really was about.


The food is great! they give us african meals, and it is good, of course not as good as moms! I love it when we go into teach, because, we do have a lesson plan, but ya never know how its going to go, but then the spirit takes over and uses you and the Lord uses you as a instrument. I love that feeling. These investigators make it seem so real, that you have to be ready for anything. I have placed B of M's for all three of my investigators, and have comitted them to prayer. I even got one to "come to church".  Sometimes to prepare, during companion study, we do little role plays of our own, and I am not going to lie, I make an awesome investigator! haha. but our day is planned out, and I love it so much. I feel like I have so much time to focus towards our Father in Heaven. It is crazy how I don't even think about my first name anymore, I am the new ELDER ANDREASEN. There are eight people that are going to Kenya, and they are all awesome. One of the elders in our room is actually going, and we talk about it all the time! His name is Elder Gwebu, and he is probably one of the funniest people I know! he cracks me up!  We are all just super excited to get out into the field. It is like a cage here sometimes, but we learn so much! I do love it though, but there are a few who are pretty homesick though. I like it though in the mornings, because I get up with a few people, and we go running, which feels so nice. the air hear though in Johannesburg is pretty nasty though. We went to the temple on Wednesday, and got to tour around the grounds, but I was pretty bummed though because we couldn't do a session due to renovations on the temple. But a member of the Seventy came and talked to us for an hour, and it was amazing. His name was Elder Dale G. Renlond. Man! I have slept so well the last week and a half! jet lag was TERRIBLE! but I am getting used to it. I am learning to play soccer, or "futbol", and I am getting pretty ok, but those crazy Africans and there awesome spirts are just to good! but i'll get em' don't you worry! I will work on some letters, and send them while I am still in the MTC, and give you some more details, but I  love you all, and hope all is still well. :)

P.S. This is my P-day. I Leave for the field on Tuesday. Love ya!

KEEP SMILING!

No comments:

Post a Comment